Sunday, May 2, 2010

Pasta Algio e Olio

This is the first recipe I want to share with you - a new fav of mine. 

Here is my twist on an Italian classic.



Pasta Aglio e Olio
(Pasta with Garlic and Oil)

Ingredients:
5 cloves garlic (I like garlic, you can use less)
1/2 cup olive oil
250g cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
Oregano
Parsley, chopped
1 chili, finely chopped
1 pk fettuccine 

Directions:

1) Cook pasta to your own liking. I like to use vegetable stock when cooking pasta. It gives the pasta more flavour.
2) Chop garlic and chili. Place in pan with a small amount of oil. Cook till garlic is brown (only a few minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes.
3) Once cherry tomatoes are cooked, add oil. Watch the heat on the oil - it will spit at you and could burn you. Heat the oil for only a minute or so. Stir in the oregano and parsley. Crack a generous amount of pepper and salt and stir again.
4) Drain the pasta and add the oil mixture. Give it a good mix and serve with vegan Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. 

Variances: I add roasted capsicum to mine to give it something else. Be experimental and add in your own favourite vegies - but keep it simple.

2 comments:

  1. um yum! can you cook me some pasta?? i think i have my lunch tomorrow haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I think I just jizzed! Soooo...when can I expect this in the mail? You should be the next Martha Stewart (without the fraud and jail)

    ReplyDelete