Monday, April 25, 2011

Potato Pockets

This is a little something I made up on the spot the other day when I wanted jacket potatoes, but didn't have any big enough. I call these - Potato Pockets. 

To start you will need to scoop out the insides of the desired quantity of potatoes. I found microwaving them for a few minutes to soften them helps!

You want your potatoes to look like this:













For the filling - well this is up to you!! What's in the fridge?
I made up a mix of mushroom, tomato, red onion & red kidney beans with some salsa and herbs (oregano and peri-peri). I was spewing I didn't have any spring onion at the time.

Once you have your mix made, scoop into the pockets until level or just over the top of the potato. If you have a soy melting cheese, now is a good time to grate some onto the top! 
Pop into the oven until the potato is cooked.

To serve add a dollop of extra salsa and soy sour cream on top.













This makes a great lunch, or afternoon snack, or if you have big enough potatoes - a lazy dinner!

1 comment: