Friday, January 7, 2011

Pesto Pasta Salad

Now before you say anything... I know how long it's been! I just haven't been making anything new or exciting... I'm hanging out for my new kitchen in my new house! Not long now!!! 

In the meantime I have made this...... 


What you will need:
2 cups fresh basil
2 cups spinach leaves
3 or 4 large cloves garlic
1/4 cup walnuts
1 tub silken tofu 
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
Handful of sundried tomatoes
Pasta, cooked
1-2 large tomatoes, chopped

How to put it all together:
In a food processor, chop the garlic and walnuts until fine. 
Throw in the basil and spinach and chop until fine.
Add in the remainder of the ingredients and process until smooth.
Once the pasta is cooked, mix in the sauce and the chopped tomatoes. 
Add some salt to taste.

Serve at room temp or slightly warmed, with some soy Parmesan on top!

Tip - if you don't prefer basil, or spinach, play with the ratio. 3 cups to 1cup.

1 comment: